Friday, 19 April 2013
Thursday, 18 April 2013
Explain the parts of the Scripture Reference which are in Bold:
John means find -Gospel John ✔
John 4 means find - means the chapter✔
John 4:7-9 means find - means the verse✔
2 Corinthians means find - the second book✔
Highlight the religious groups in Jesus’ time:
Romans Sadducees ✔ Anglicans Zealots✔ Pharisees✔ Presbyterians Scribes✔
Complete the sentences:
Jesus is fully human he tino tangata and fully divine he tino Atua. His life death and resurrection were a response to God the Father through the Holy Spirit. ✔
Complete the statement:
I found these lessons interesting because - It was really easy.
Wednesday, 17 April 2013
Wednesday, 10 April 2013
The karengo grows on the rocks at the seaside, just like weeds and it grows thickly and strongly. It must be washed carefully to get rid of the sand and the small stones. When the kete is filled, it is time to take the karengo home and prepare it for eating. Put the karengo into the dish, the dish goes into the oven. It will take about two hours to cook. Check it carefully and stir it often. Add water so that it doesn’t dry out. When it is tender, it is ready. Call the family to come.
Friday, 5 April 2013
Similes and Metaphors
A simile is where two things are directly compared because they share a common feature. The word AS or LIKE is used to compare the two words. Eg. As cold AS a dog's nose
A metaphor also compares two things, but it does so more directly WITHOUT using as or like. Eg. The shop was a little gold-mine.
At the end of the sentence, write in brackets whether the sentence is an example of a metaphor or simile.
Eg. The clouds were fluffy like cotton wool. (SIMILE)
- As slippery as an eel. (SIMILE) ✔
- Arnie was a man-mountain.(Metaphor) ✔
- He was a lion in battle.(Metaphor) ✔
- She is as pretty as a picture.(Simile) ✔
- The striker was a goal machine.(Metaphor) ✔
- The torch lit up the room as if the sun had risen early.(Simile) ✔
- The moon was a misty shadow.(Metaphor) ✔
- My friend has a face like a bag of spanners.(Simile) ✔
Now you are going to make up similes of your own by copying and finishing these sentences.
As good as gold
- As heavy as a rock.✔
- As cold as a snow.✔
- As hard as a table.✔
- She had skin like a lion.✔
- As cool as a ice-cream.✔
- As quick as a fish.✔
- He was slow like a turtle.✔
- Slippery like a snail.✔
Wednesday, 3 April 2013
1) Put in the Capital Letters and Full stops.
- During the holidays I was really happy.
- Suddenly the really fast car came around the corner.
- Mary was sad because John couldn’t come to her party.
2) Highlight the punctuation in this paragraph.
When the family came over Mum was really excited. “Who is going to help me in the kitchen?” asked Mum. Everyone was happy to lend a hand.